Pinhole® Gum Grafting
Do you have bone loss because of receding gums?
Have you been told you need gum grafting?
Do you have noticeable and uncomfortable gum recession?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should contact Dr. Wendt at 813-684-8085 to discuss the revolutionary new gum technique that replaces traditional gum grafting.
The Pinhole® gum grafting procedure is unlike traditional gum grafts. It is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for correcting gum recession. Through a small hole, Dr. Wendt uses specially designed instruments to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receded part of the teeth. Since there is no cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling, and bleeding). Most patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement. If you are interested and want to ask Dr. Wendt if you are a candidate for the procedure, call our office at 813-684-8085 to schedule your consultation.
Top 10 benefits of the Pinhole® procedure:
- Can correct gum recession in as little as ONE treatment session.
- Minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel-free, suture-free and graft-free.
- Long-term results per the International Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry (October 2012). 7982
- The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases.
- Only two over-the-counter pain pills are normally required after treatment on average per study in the International Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry (October 2012).
- Can prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures such as implants or dentures.
- Treatment sessions can be completed in as little as 1-2 hours in many cases.
- Can enhance a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Patients often describe feeling happier due to being able to smile without the shame or guilt associated with unsightly, receded gums.
- Most patients are back to normal light activities within 24-48 hours post procedure